Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Back on the air!


Wow has it really been this many years since a blog update? The primary reason for this being that the site was being blocked at work; on a whim I just thought I would give it another try and lo and behold I was able to get to it and here we are! Awesome lol.


Anyway, what have I been up to since my last ADHD post - well the lack of any sort of ability to focus on any particular genre of gaming has continued, although most recently I have been able to lock down getting some ASL Starter Kit boardgaming done at the store against Flames of War Rob, and I think he has been coming to appreciate the interactivity of the ASL sequence of play (especially when compared to FoW, which goes back to the old days of Panzerblitz and the infamous 'Panzerbush' tactic). I've also been able to get in a game of GMT's Saratoga game from their BAR line against another primarily minis gamer which also went well and was enjoyed by both sides of the table; hopefully we will return to that system to in the near future. Otherwise I am still struggling to find any impetus to paint minis; instead I have found myself returning to my original gaming focus of historical boardgames (started boardgaming in 1978; dabbled in minis from time to time but never really got into them in a big way until I moved to the US in 2001). Right now I have been renewing my collection with some of the impressive new boardgames that have come out since my boardgaming 'sabbatical' and I am having an absolute BLAST lol. Currently looking for something to break out and actually get *played* rather than just looked at; top of the list right now is Compass Games' Red Storm Over The Reich (primarily because it's already punched and cornered - cutting out counters remains the biggest bugbear with boardgames, but still a lot easier to handle than assembling and painting minis lol), with any luck I can get this on the table this weekend while my wife is out of town.


In other news I've also been procrastinating horribly over reading up Starfinder for my weekly Tuesday night gaming group; having hunted down copies of everything released so far (not easy since it's popularity appears to have taken Paizo completely off guard) I just don't have the energy to read the entire 500+page book which as the group's GM I feel obligated to do lol. Instead the group has agreed to go back to our Pathfinder campaign so that way at least all I need to do is read the adventure and not worry about starting an entirely new system. Quite looking forward to getting back to some fantasy and after some discussion last night I think the gang are too.


Anyway, with luck I will be able to keep this blog updated now that I have access to it again ;)


Thanks for listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment